Kids < 5 Free!
The Inside Venice Tour
Escorted Tour by Professional Tour Guide
Doge's Palace Visit + St. Mark's Basilica Visit
The Inside Venice Tour allows visitors from all over the world to explore and experience two of the most important Monuments in the history of Venice: The Doge's Palace and The St. Mark's Cathedral escorted by one of our expert English Speaking Guide.
- 2:00 Hour Walking Tour with English Speaking Guide
- Expert Guide in Venetian- Arts & Architecture
- Escorted Visit of The Doge's Palace
- Views of the famous Bridge of Sighs and introduction into the Histroy of the Venetian Prisons
- Escorted Visit of The St. Mark's Cathedral
- Brief but comprehensive overview of The Pala d'oro and Gold Mosaics
- Presentation of the Extensive Religious Art Collections and Byzantine Art of the Basilica
Highlights of this Tour:
The Palazzo Ducale (= Doge's Palace) represented for centuries the seat of the Venetian political power. In his splendid rooms, plastered and immersed in hundreds of masterpieces of painting, the Duke and his Council controlled the fate of this thousand-year-old Republic. You’ll live it together with a Guide that will show you the halls of power, plunging you in a very particular historical context: the European Middle Ages and the immediately following centuries. You’ll be surprised by the rich details of the gold staircase, the realism of the scenes depicted by many artists who have decorated this building, you will relive the anguish of the prisoners crossing the famous Bridge of Sighs, and entering the Venetian prisons, famous for hosting Giacomo Casanova.
The Basilica of San Marco (= St. Mark's Cathedral) enjoy a full visit of this masterpiece of byzantine art, unique of its kind in the world, you'll have the pleasure to savour beautiful gold mosaics and marble inlays of the floors, sitting comfortably while our guide will show you the represented biblical scenes, the history and the particularities of this ancient basilica. Admire The Pala d'oro, exquisite example of the byzantine art with its thousands of gems and precious stones; enjoy the view of the Treasury, a splendor of the religious art collected along the centuries.
- Adult Ticket: €44.00 Winter: November 1st to March 31st
- Adult Ticket: €45.00 Summer: April 1st to October 31st
- Child Ticket: N/A*
- Children under the age of 5: Free (Year-round)
- * Child Rates apply only to the specified ages; national ID required when the voucher is exchanged. If the age does not meet the limit, you will be required to purchase an adult ticket at the local agency.
- Additional Information:
- You Must Print and Present your Voucher to the Tour Guide before departure.
- Please meet your Tour Guide 10 minutes before departure.
- This Tour is available: Daily in English year-round. (Except Sundays & Religious festivity)
- This Tour is also available in French, Spanish, Italian and German. See Specific Tour page for details.
- This Tour is not performed: December 25th and January 1st.
- Please note that all venues included in this tour description, including monuments, attractions and museums may change without prior notice.
Departure Location: YEX Change office unfer the Clock Tower in Saint Mark's Square
Departure Time: Daily at 10:30AM except except Sundays & Religious Festivity
>> Meeting Point Map >>
The Inside Venice Tour
- When: Daily
- Departure: St. Mark Square
- How Long: 2-Hour
- By: Foot
- Pice: From €45.00
- Type: Escorted Visit