The Accademia Bridge

Monuments - Accademia Area


The Ponte dell’Accademia was built in 1854, during the Austrian occupation. One of the three bridges spanning the Canal Grande.

The Austrians envisioned a wide bridge, enabling troops to move more quickly over the broad canal. Engineer Miozzi (who worked a lot in Venice during the first part of twentieth century) , realized a structure that first was maded with wood and later was reinforced with steel loosing its main peculiarity.

Walking  through Dorsoduro

WHAT TO VISIT IN THE SESTIERE OF DORSODURO: MUSEUMS, CHURCHES AND PALACES